Dave Regan is calling it quits at SEIU-UHW.
Sources inside SEIU-UHW recently confirmed that Regan will not stand for re-election as SEIU-UHW’s president when his three-year term expires in early 2017.
Ten months ago, Tasty reported that Regan told members of SEIU-UHW’s Executive Board he was throwing in the towel. At the time, he said he would support Chokri Bensaid, the director of SEIU-UHW’s Kaiser Division, to become his replacement.
Why is Regan leaving?
Observers point to a series of colossal failures that have taken a serious toll on SEIU-UHW and its members, including...
- Regan’s backroom deals and mega-failures at the bargaining table that have stripped tens of thousands of SEIU-UHW members of their pensions and other benefits;
- his failed battle with SEIU President Mary Kay Henry that has left Regan deeply isolated inside SEIU;
- his loss of 65,000 homecare and nursing home workers that halved his union’s membership;
- his failed backroom deal with the California Hospital Association that has cost SEIU-UHW’s members more than $25 million and has left the union mired in expensive legal battles and more politically isolated than ever;
- his failure to organize healthcare workers to join SEIU-UHW;
Where will Regan go next?
|Coming to a reality TV show near you?|
It's not clear at this point.
However…Tasty hears that Diamond Dave would be absolutely perfect for a new reality TV show that Donald Trump is planning to launch after the US presidential election.