How bad is Dave Regan’s sell-out deal with the California Hospital Association?
Here's a small hint.
Regan and other SEIU-UHW staffers have refused to show a copy of the deal to the members of SEIU-UHW’s own Executive Board, according to readers.
So… what other details are hidden in Regan's secret deal with the Boss?
A reader forwarded the outline from an earlier draft of the deal. Here are some excerpts along with a few hyperlinked comments from Tasty in brackets.
Articulation of Shared Principles
● Commitment to reducing cost
Team Care is Great Care
● Joint commitment to flexibility at work so as to maximize coordinated and team care
● Care Team: core unit of organization
● Total Health Agreement to improve workforce health [THIS IS Dave Regan’s infamous Wellness Program]
● Establishment of the Let’s Get Healthy California Education Fund as a 510(c)(4) or 501(c)6)
● Employee contribution of 5¢/hour on all hours worked [THAT MEANS SEIU will tax its members 5 cents an hour in addition to their union dues… just like SEIU’s Partnership Tax.]
Transform the political economy of healthcare in the State of California
● Provide stable, predictable, adequate industry funding
● Provide stable, predictable, appropriate regulatory environment [THAT MEANS… SEIU will team up with corporations to slash safe-staffing laws, patient safety standards, etc. Scary.]
Hospital Jobs are Great Jobs
● Substantially reduce, by agreement, the number of job classifications
● Achieve flexibility and maximize scope of practice
● Modest annual pay raise
● Additional annual bonuses tied to: [NOTE THAT IT SAYS “bonuses,” not “wages.”]
a. Quality improvement
b. HCAHPS scores
c. Overall financial performance of facility and system
d. Alignment of incentives between unionized workforce and management.
e. Encourage mutual success
f. Shared savings model
● No Strike