Thursday, August 19, 2010

74

Yesterday, another SEIU-UHW shop steward resigned her position to support NUHW. Check out her letter.

After she announced her decision to support NUHW, Tasty hears that multiple SEIU officials pleaded with her to support SEIU. But no dice. Would you support SEIU after what they did to her department?

August 18, 2010

To all of my co-workers in EVS at Kaiser Walnut Creek

CC: Dave Regan, Trustee SEIU-UHW

I have been a steward for many years because I have always believed in protecting our rights in our workplace. After seeing our department be torn apart in the past several months, largely due to poor bargaining and bad agreements made by SEIU, I can no longer remain quiet. The final straw was the disrespect shown by SEIU representatives to our local EVS committee in "bargaining" over the rebalancing of EVS schedules. First, they changed our proposal without telling us and then, in front of management, told one of our committee to be quiet when she questioned the change.

I am resigning as a steward in order to actively support NUHW. This was a hard decision but I firmly believe that we will have much better representation if we all join together in NUHW.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart,

Tina Lynch
EVS Head Aide